|Molly on our wedding day. Photo by Yue Wu|
After a bit of a hiatus, I am joining up with Jen over at Conversion Diary for 7 Quick Takes Friday. As always, please send some prayers Jen's way for a smooth recovery and also some for her baby!
I have decided to devote these quick takes to Molly, my five and a half year old sister-in-law. I just spent three out of the past four weeks with her, and I realized that there are so many good "Molly" stories. So, here are seven of them!
1. When I first met Molly, she was a little over a year and a half old and her favorite word to say was, "Shoes." She would go around holding a shoe saying, "Shoes," in her little baby voice. Well fast forward to last summer when my mother-in-law had asked her to pack for the trip they were going on. When she went to check on Molly's bag, this is what she found:
|Imelda Marcos in the making|
2. Over the summer, she saw me nursing Ryan, and she asked me what I was doing (she was too young to remember her mom nursing Johnny). I explained to her that moms have to feed their babies. She sat up with a confused look on her face and bluntly asked, "Wait. You're a mom?! I thought you were my sister. You can't be a mom and a sister!"
3. To go along with nursing stories...over Christmas she stared at me quizzically and wondered, "Is one food milk and one for drinking milk?"
4. Molly is completely comfortable wearing a tutu anywhere, including a family dinner party.
5. And to make her even cooler, she went around wielding a sword while wearing a tutu putting on her best Gandalf voice and threatening, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS."
6. She is very observant and loves Disney princess movies so it wasn't very surprising when she saw her mom folding clothes in the laundry room and announced, "You're like Cinderella. We make messes, and you clean them up!"
7. And now my favorite story of them all: when we told Chris' family last year that we were pregnant with Ryan, we happily told Chris' sisters that they were going to be aunts! Amidst all the commotion, Molly came into the kitchen bawling and whimpering that she didn't want to be an ant. She thought she was going to be turned into an insect. I think this whole aunt thing has turned out much better than she thought.
So that's Molly in quick take fashion!