I always click right away when I see a blogger has posted a list of random facts about herself. They are just so fun, and I already feel like the blogger is my friend so I feel like knowing what their favorite food is makes it more legitimate ... or creepier. We will go with the former. Anyway, here are some random facts about myself - 25, in fact! (Inspired by this blogger, of course).
1. My favorite painting is The Angelus by Jean-Francois Millet.
2. I read Gone with the Wind in the sixth grade when my dad told me not to. It is now one of my favorite books, and I use to read it at least once a year.
3. My middle name, Rose, is a family name, and I hope to name one of our hypothetical daughters Something Rose (but not really Something).
4. When I get stressed, all the tension and stress goes straight to my shoulders.
5. I can't stand wearing anything remotely itchy, and most of what I think is itchy, a normal person would think is, in fact, quite soft.
6. I met Chris seven years ago today at a sports bar called Between the Buns to watch a Six Nations Rugby match between Ireland and Italy. Nothing happened then, but you can read the rest in an overly detailed manner here.
7. My memory is annoyingly good. Unless it's concerning the location of important paperwork or keys.
8. I bathed in the spring water in Lourdes, France (went on a pilgrimage with this dear girl) and prayed that, if it were God's will, Chris and I would be given many children and that I would not have bad cramps anymore. I haven't had bad cramps since.
9. I have a lot of belt buckles from my eleven years of showing at the county and state fairs. Chris doesn't understand that they are, in fact, cool.
10. I can tell if your hens have been good layers and rate them from best to worst.
11. I have psoriasis. It's not contagious. It's genetic. It's as fun as it sounds it is.
12. I am the rebel in my family so you can tell how crazy we are.
13. I have a paper from preschool that says I wanted to be an artist when I grow up. Well, I'm not going to be an artist exactly, but I do have a creative project in the works that I can't wait to share.
14. My favorite movie is Singin' in the Rain with Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds. I used to love when it played on PBS growing up (we didn't have cable).
15. I am probably the worst person in the world at knowing lyrics. I seriously thought the song "Dynamite" sang, "Saying AYO, Galileo!" for a couple of months before I was corrected. But ... I do know every single word to Baby Got Back.
16. I have bunions. Man, bunions and psoriasis, what a combo!
17. I think it is fun when people guess my ethnicity. I'm never offended by questions like, "What are you?" or "What's your ethnicity?" or as Chris asked, "Do you speak Spanish at home?" He wished.
18. My first pedicure came when I was 23 years old. My mom never had to wear makeup or anything of the like so my knowledge of such things is very sparse. Now I've only gotten them when there is a bridesmaid event or at a beauty school where they are incredibly cheap (and not fancy).
19. I love canned cranberry sauce.
20. The longest my hair has ever been was 28 inches. (It might have been longer than that, but that is what the stylist said).
21. I wanted twin girls when I grew up, and I was going to name them Emma and Ella. Alas, twins are not in my family and every other girl my age dreamed of having girls named Emma and Ella, as well.
22. I prefer fried bananas to cake on my birthday.
23. I put way too much sentimental value into objects I really should just pitch already. I'm getting much better because I'm learning I very much hate clutter.
24. I'm really bad at turning in library books.
25. I am a wife to one and a mom to three.